Don Powers and Natalie Amodei traveled to Missoula, MT for the lab’s annual trip to work with Dr. Bret Tobalske. Over the years this has been a fruitful collaboration resulting in several publications relating to hummingbird physiology and biomechanics. This year we continued efforts to gather measurements of total evaporative heat dissipation in hovering calliope hummingbirds (Selasphorus calliope) before hopefully expanding these measurements to other species in Arizona next month.
- Audio long read: These six countries are about to go to the Moon June 27, 2022
- Bacterial envelope built to a peptidoglycan tune June 27, 2022
- How the peanut trade prolonged slavery June 27, 2022
- WHO declines to label monkeypox a global emergency June 25, 2022
- In the Balkans, researchers mobilize to protect a wild river June 24, 2022
- Poliovirus in London sewage sparks alarm June 23, 2022
Powers Lab Links