Congratulations to the Powers Lab’s own Natalie Amodei who was awarded a Sigma Xi Grant-in-Aid-of-Research for her proposal entitled “Can hummingbirds upregulate evaporative heat dissipation during hovering to compensate for loss of passive heat transfer at high temperatures?” Natalie will use the grant to help fund her research in Arizona this summer.
- Mosquito meals and mysterious ant ‘milk’ December 7, 2022
- Wading monkeys, and ice under the stars: <i>Nature</i>’s photo competition December 7, 2022
- How a dangerous stew of air pollution is choking the United States December 6, 2022
- The evolutionarily conserved hif-1/bnip3 pathway promotes mitophagy and mitochondrial fission in crustacean testes during hypoxia December 5, 2022
- The effect of dietary intake on apneic performance, cardiovascular and splenic responses during repeated breath holds November 29, 2022
- Ontogenetic scaling of the baroreflex function in the green iguana (Iguana iguana) November 29, 2022
Powers Lab Links