The Powers lab joined a team of scientists headed by Dr. Catherine Graham (SUNY Stonybrook) in submitting a grant proposal to NASA to study how hummingbird populations respond to climate change. It was recently announced that the grant, which was for $1.4 million, was going to be funded. The Powers lab will receive approximately $250K ($60K of which are matching equipment funds from GFU) over four years which will be used for physiological studies in North American, Mexico, and South America. Funds from the grant will be used to purchase equipment, pay for travel, and support several students. To read the complete press release from George Fox University click here.
- Designing nano-sized chemotherapy May 17, 2021
- Settling in: the first four years of a lab leader May 17, 2021
- The singing neutrino Nobel laureate who nearly bombed Nevada May 17, 2021
- Preserved glycemic control and baroreflex efficacy in young adult hypertensive female obese Zucker rats May 12, 2021
- Sympathetic Activation due to Limb Venous Distension Is Preserved during Muscle Metaboreceptor Stimulation May 12, 2021
- Calcium isotope fractionation by osteoblasts and osteoclasts, across endothelial and epithelial cell barriers and with binding to proteins May 12, 2021