The Powers lab joined a team of scientists headed by Dr. Catherine Graham (SUNY Stonybrook) in submitting a grant proposal to NASA to study how hummingbird populations respond to climate change. It was recently announced that the grant, which was for $1.4 million, was going to be funded. The Powers lab will receive approximately $250K ($60K of which are matching equipment funds from GFU) over four years which will be used for physiological studies in North American, Mexico, and South America. Funds from the grant will be used to purchase equipment, pay for travel, and support several students. To read the complete press release from George Fox University click here.
- Audio long read: These six countries are about to go to the Moon June 27, 2022
- Bacterial envelope built to a peptidoglycan tune June 27, 2022
- How the peanut trade prolonged slavery June 27, 2022
- WHO declines to label monkeypox a global emergency June 25, 2022
- In the Balkans, researchers mobilize to protect a wild river June 24, 2022
- Poliovirus in London sewage sparks alarm June 23, 2022
Powers Lab Links