The Powers lab joined a team of scientists headed by Dr. Catherine Graham (SUNY Stonybrook) in submitting a grant proposal to NASA to study how hummingbird populations respond to climate change. It was recently announced that the grant, which was for $1.4 million, was going to be funded. The Powers lab will receive approximately $250K ($60K of which are matching equipment funds from GFU) over four years which will be used for physiological studies in North American, Mexico, and South America. Funds from the grant will be used to purchase equipment, pay for travel, and support several students. To read the complete press release from George Fox University click here.
- Deltacron: the story of the variant that wasn’t January 21, 2022
- Coronapod: COVID death toll is likely millions more than official counts January 21, 2022
- Why scientists are racing to develop more COVID antivirals January 21, 2022
- Reply to Fadel et al. January 19, 2022
- Effects of an acute exercise bout in hypoxia on extracellular vesicle release in healthy and prediabetic subjects January 19, 2022
- LPS versus Poly I:C model: comparison of long-term effects of bacterial and viral maternal immune activation on the offspring January 19, 2022
Powers Lab Links