Welcome to the newest member of the Powers Lab, senior biology major Rosey Elting. Rosey joined the lab to gain research experience in preparation for graduate school following her graduation from George Fox next Fall. This Summer Rosey will travel to Arizona where she will measure maximum feeding rate in the four hummingbird species that have been the focus of the NASA project the past three years. Current Rosey is busy working in the lab to work out the serial interface between the balances she will use in her experiments and the laptop computers that will be used to record data.
- University under pressure to rehire scientist acquitted of hiding China links September 24, 2021
- Rising tide of floating plastics spurs surge in research September 24, 2021
- A guide to the Nature Index September 24, 2021
- Oxylipin responses to fasting and insulin infusion in a large mammalian model of fasting-induced insulin resistance, the northern elephant seal September 23, 2021
- Revisiting the question of nucleated versus enucleated erythrocytes in birds and mammals September 23, 2021
- Thin-fiber muscle afferents possessing TRPV1 receptors evoke the muscle metaboreflex September 23, 2021