Welcome to the newest member of the Powers Lab, senior biology major Rosey Elting. Rosey joined the lab to gain research experience in preparation for graduate school following her graduation from George Fox next Fall. This Summer Rosey will travel to Arizona where she will measure maximum feeding rate in the four hummingbird species that have been the focus of the NASA project the past three years. Current Rosey is busy working in the lab to work out the serial interface between the balances she will use in her experiments and the laptop computers that will be used to record data.
- Mosquito meals and mysterious ant ‘milk’ December 7, 2022
- Wading monkeys, and ice under the stars: <i>Nature</i>’s photo competition December 7, 2022
- How a dangerous stew of air pollution is choking the United States December 6, 2022
- The evolutionarily conserved hif-1/bnip3 pathway promotes mitophagy and mitochondrial fission in crustacean testes during hypoxia December 5, 2022
- The effect of dietary intake on apneic performance, cardiovascular and splenic responses during repeated breath holds November 29, 2022
- Ontogenetic scaling of the baroreflex function in the green iguana (Iguana iguana) November 29, 2022
Powers Lab Links